A hen party is a celebration held for a woman shortly before her wedding. It is typically a relaxed and fun-filled event often hosted by the bride’s best friends. A hen party can incorporate many different traditions, but the main goal is to have a good time and celebrate the upcoming nuptials.
If you’re looking for a unique hen party idea, why not consider a hen’s boat cruise? A cruise is a perfect way for you and your guests to spend the day sailing along the coastline, taking in the beautiful scenery, and enjoying some drinks and snacks.
A hen party is a party for women, typically held before a woman’s wedding. At a hen party, the bride-to-be and her friends celebrate her last days of singlehood with drinks, dancing and fun games. While the specifics of hen parties vary depending on the group of women throwing it, some common traditions include dressing up in silly costumes, playing drinking games and having a bachelorette party cake.
When planning a hen’s party, you can take different routes. Here are some themes to consider when planning a hen’s party on a boat.
- Nautical – A nautical theme is a classic choice for a hen’ party. Decorate the boat with sailor’s knots, seashells, and stereotypical blue and white stripes.
- Hawaiian – Transport your guests to a tropical paradise with a Hawaiian-themed cruise. Decorate the boat with palm trees and leis, and play island music all night long.
- Hippie/Boho – If you and your guests want a more relaxed and free-spirited vibe, go with a hippie/boho theme. Deck the boat with colourful tapestries, dreamcatchers and peace signs. Ask your guest to come in their hippiest, most boho chic outfits.
- All White – If you’re looking for a super chic and elegant theme, go with an all-white party. Decorate the boat with lots of flowers and candles, and serve drinks in crystal glasses.
- Funky/Quirky – If you and your guests are looking to have a blast, go with a funky/quirky theme. Make sure you have enough crazy hats, feather boas and oversized sunglasses to go around. You can decorate the boat with colourful balloons and plastic drinkware.
There are many reasons why you might want to hire a boat for a hen party. Perhaps you and your friends are looking for a new and exciting way to celebrate the bride-to-be’s last days of freedom? Or maybe you live near a body of water and think a boat cruise would be perfect for a party?
A hen party on a boat is also great for social media sharing since you can get some fantastic photos and videos of the bride and her friends having a great time on the water! It is also a party where women of all ages will enjoy themselves, perfect for a range of guests.
Additionally, organising a hen party on a boat makes event planning hassle-free. You can hire the boat and let the crew take care of everything else – from catering to entertainment. So, if you’re looking for a unique and memorable hen party idea, organising a cruise on a boat is the way to go!
Book a hen party with Charter Boat Sydney today.